Wednesday, February 2, 2011

So I am officially at my half way point in this pregnancy! Next Wednesday we go in for our ultra sound and we'll get to find out if we are having a boy or girl and I am totally excited for it. The kids are super cute and are excited that we will have another baby in our house. Zion says he wants a brother when we ask him and Thalia just wants a baby. Thalia likes to blow raspberries on my stomach as well as "kissing" the baby and "hugging" the baby. She likes to carry her own baby doll around the house wrapping it in a blanket and giving it lots of love. She is going to to be a great big sister! Zion is really into carrying around the baby dolls as well. He likes to be so helpful with diaper changes and anything else I'll let him help with.
Zion is following in Nate's foots steps in his love of cooking. About a month ago now we decided to have pancakes for dinner one evening and it was Zion's job to flip the pancakes when they were ready to turn.... he is a pancake flipping pro! At one point after flipping one of the pancakes he accidentally touched the top of his knuckles to the edge of the griddle.... what a trooper he was and was actually proud of his new scars after the initial shock and pain of being burned. Even now if we talk about how he helped make pancakes he will hold up his hand to show you his scars across his fingers and let you know all about it. He is getting so big and growing up so fast. He can totally dress himself these days and is learning to count very well.... and we are not just talking about reciting his numbers 1-20 but actually counting! He is learning lots of new children songs to sing and recites his ABC's almost perfectly. This past month he has also learned some words in sign language as well. He surprises us every day with something new.
Thalia's vocabulary is becoming quite extensive these days. She now has a vocabulary of over 20 words and has also learned some words in sign language. One of her new favorite games to play is "ring around the rosies". She loves to dance! I call her my little dancing diva. She is such a girl.... when she and Zion decide that they want to color she usually thinks it more fun to pretend to put crayon on her face as if it were makeup. she actually sat still for me one day so that I could paint one set of her toe nails pink. she just watched and smiled as I did it and tried to blow them dry like I would do. And can I just say I love the fact that she lets me know when she wants to go to sleep for her nap and even bed.... and she really wants to go down!
There are just so many cute thing that the kids do these days it's hard to remember which ones I wanted to write down.
I can't wait for things to warm up around these parts because I've got the DIY bug. I have been wanting to get into refurbishing old furniture etc. for awhile now but this past week I was truly inspired. We really don't own anything, but what we do own chances are was either found on the side of the road, came from a thrift store, or given to us. So, most of it is not the prettiest, but it all does have potential. I think when the weather does cooperate I will have to show pictures before and after my projects are complete. I am just so excited to get started! I want to get crafty!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers